Friday, September 08, 2006

Almost finished the first sleeve for the faux-denim baby jacket.
The striping yarn from Knit-Picks arrived yesterday, but before I start the baby pullover (and matching socks??) with it (or even chose not to make it at all), I must finish MY sweater from last year.
The cranberry colored chevron stitched button collar pullover.

I had 1/2 sleeve made, and actually did all the finishing work on the button-fronts and collar. You would think a sleeve goes quickly, but I was getting annoyed with making the edge increases at the same time working the chevron patterns. But I can always use another piece of clothing, so I had better get to it.

Was contemplating making sweaters for the kids out of WoolEase chunky, however after attending Open House at their school, I am thinking that they need SUMMER clothes to stay in that building. Stifling is not even the word. So this year I think I will NOT be doing much holiday knitting. Just not convinced that anyone appreciates it at all.

1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Well, *I* appreciate it. I just don't wear sweaters anymore, so unless you want to knit me a gorgeous blanket to throw over my chair in here to dissuade the cats from using it as a toenail sharpener, I'd be an appreciative non-user of anything you send me! :D

Totally off-topic but too damn funny is the word verification: ssxse. Get it???