Sunday, April 30, 2006

Purl

I hate purl stitch.

OK, maybe not HATE, but avoidance has been my mantra.
Circular knitting, besides reducing seaming also tends to severely limit, or eliminate purling.

So why am I working on a baby blanket that is totally based on PURL stitch?

Am I punishing myself, or is this some misguided attempt at balancing the world, or disciplining myself to accept more purling in the future???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, the purple striped blanket is done...... the Denim colored "Pound of Love" blanket is on the needles utilizing a Bev Galeskas/Fibertrends baby-blanket pattern based on you-guessed-it, purl stitch.
"Pound of Love" is a CHEAP Lion Brand yarn geared towards use around babies, but it is quite soft to the touch for an acrylic....have to wonder how it will perform in the long-run, both in daily wear-and-tear, and in the wash.

No comments: