Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Zuza-Bart knitwear

I must mention another knitter's work that I came across while at the Hunter Mountain Celtic Festival.

http://www.zuzabart.com.pl/english/onas.html

Flowing, artistic, 100% Linen knit-pieces.
The U.S. representative told me that they were created on a loom, although I suspect he meant a knitting machine.
All were very fine gauge, light, even see-through in some cases.
As they are new, and not repeatedly washed, there was still a stiffness, a roughness to them all.

I was interested in both the tank-dresses, and the sleevless shells that had raised twig-like designs across the front.
Upon close inspection, the raised-design was done on a sewing machine with clear nylon thread, which in a small way as a hand-knitter disappointed me. I would have been enthralled if they were done in some other manner, such as picking up stitches from rows below....but again, this is manufactured for European (and smaller) American markets.

No comments: