Thursday, April 06, 2006

Next lesson....

... is that knitting while getting sick (but before you really realise it) tends to lead to errors.

Sat back down with the pink Paton's baby sweater, and realised 3 out of the 4 raglan seams were fine, but one was SOOOOOOOooooo out of place, that I put the thing down in disgust, and worked on closing the underarm holes on the blue baby sweater (also raglan. Hmmmm)

Back to the pink.
I could frog everything to the point of adding the sleeves to the body...but I would lose all the raglan work, as well as button-holes. Somewhere around 200 stitches a row.
Or, I could isolate part by running the DPNs through a row of stitches below the error, and remove those from the circ, letting them 'run' down to the DPN.

Anyone who reads my blog can probably figure out the road taken.
Yes, #2, isolate and run. Then remake it.

Amazingly, I am just to the point of shaping the neck.
Just feeling worn out now.

Hot bath, nap, and I think I might even be able to finish the knitting of this before I go to bed tonight.

No comments: