Friday, April 14, 2006

Body of the snowflake pullover is done....looks like a weird pillowcase with two holes in it.

I took a basic pattern, did it in-the-round, bound off the first row of the neck-line and steeked it, and did not make arm-holes, chosing to wait until the sleeves are done, and sew/cut armholes.
Also, did short-row shoulder shaping and then a 3-needle bind-off of the shoulders, and kept the back-of-the-neck stitches live, on a spare circ.
Looks weird, but at the same time, looks so much more complete than I would have imagined.
Hopefully this gives inpiration to finish quickly.
First sleeve is on the DPNs (making baby sleeves is a PITA, thankfully it goes quickly).

In the meantime, my friend looks to have the first baby.
Doc told her she is due in three weeks, and she feels it may come sooner.
YIPES!
This is the one baby I do not have a gender on, so I really am not sure if I have anything ready to send.

No comments: