Friday, March 24, 2006

Dale Cardigan c'ntd

Tuesday was the day I was going to work whole-hog, and find out if I had enough wool to finish, get this thing DONE....
Well, working that way is good for one thing, and one thing only.
Making errors and frogging.

Rip-it, rib-it.

THREE times I caught errors rows down. The last time, I just put the work back in the bag, and walked away.

For TWO days.

My intention is to get back to it today.
The thing needs finishing, in both senses. I need to get through this slump, and also that many, MANY ends need to be woven in, so I need the next week to work on that, and get to baby items.

Now it is not just my step-son's baby in June....I have a friend in TX due to give birth in 9 weeks, and there is a Israeli immigrant who tutors at the Hebrew School. She is due May/June, and her husband has been out of work for a couple of months.
So three kiddies all due within weeks.

Guess I won't be getting back to my chevron sweater, or starting Jimmy's Dale pullover. Which btw, I started collecting the wool for. Got the last 4 of a dye lot of winter white (only need 3, but just to be safe), and the burnt orange. Ordered the fern green, the zipper and patch kit, and the store always has Cherry Red and Black in stock.

If I am not careful, I will have many UFOs again!

No comments: