Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Instead of going the KnitPick road for DK yarn for the pullover, I went the Encore DK way.

Why?

Partially the price, although KP 100% merino would not have been too awful, BUT, and this is a big but, I anticipate this top becoming a frequent staple of my winter wardrobe, and the ability to toss it in the wash/dry is important.

Burgandy is the color

While I was buying, picked up Galway (in lieu of Lopi Lite) for the felted daypack in last winter's IK. Pinkish heather purple, and charcoal heather grey, so it will go well with my Divine Lacy Cardigan.

Might I say that if you are into supporting local/USA companies, Kraemer's Yarn in Nazareth, PA is a way to go...they have an increasing line of locally produced yarns. A few 100% wools, and now two lines of cotton/acrylic DK, all with very generous yardage.

If I make another Soleil, I will probably do with Kraemer's products.

Oh, and their new clear shopping bags with raised blue metallic writing are too cool...definitely keepers.

No comments: