Friday, February 04, 2005


My handmade gift to my husband last winter

I love the cable that runs up the front through all the color changes.

Somewhere in the house are a winter cap and a scarf made out of the leftover yarns (LB Wool-Ease)

I actually started the body in-the-round, made it to the first light grey line (and contemplated using an intarsia-in-the-round technique), instead, at that point I switched to make one side seam Yes, I added one selvedge stitch on each side of that seam.
The raglan sleeves were knitted in-the-round until the cap, then sewn on to the body just before making the crew-neck ribbing.

One of these days I will be more brave,
a-by going through with using the intarsia-in-the-round technique, and
b-make raglan sleeves integral with the body as I have done with yolk sweaters.

No comments: